Follow these instructions to install the Yale deadbolt lock.
Make sure to write down the master code in a safe place.
Next pair the lock with the SmartThings hub. The lock must be within 10 feet of the hub to pair successfully.
- Open the new SmartThings app and log in.
- From the Dashboard tab, tap Add device.
- Tap Add Device Manually.
- Select Lock.
- Select the Yale Z-Wave lock.
- Select the hub if necessary. The Hub should be searching for the device now.
- Lock the Yale deadbolt.
- Enter the Master PIN code followed by the gear button. Enter 7 then the gear button again. Enter 1 then the gear button a final time.
- Wait 20 seconds for the lock to beep with the successful tone.
- Tap edit to name the device (example: "Front Door Lock").
- Tap Done.
Test the Smart Lock
It's VERY IMPORTANT that you test the remote lock and unlock feature in the SmartThings app. To do this:
- Start with the lock in an unlocked state.
- Find the added lock device in the SmartThings app.
- Tap the Locked/Unlocked toggle so that the lock should lock.
- Wait for the lock to lock.
- Wait 15 seconds for the app to update the state of the lock to locked.
If the lock does not update to a "locked" state in the SmartThings app then it is likely that the lock bolt is being obstructed by a shallow strike hole. This must be fixed in order to work correctly with Rabbu.